We are excited to announce the fifth annual meeting of the Aquaponics Association this November 11-13, 2016 in Austin, TX. Over 1000 Aquaponic entrepreneurs, innovators, scientists, educators, vendors, and even a few aquaponic groupies will gather in to network, build relationships and exchange knowledge.
Building successful businesses takes time and drive, so it’s invaluable to have a great network of friends and associates to draw inspiration from and keep you going. By surrounding yourself with people who are likeminded, share a similar drive and ambition, we are better able to move forward as a group. The caliber of folks you will meet here will knock your socks off.
The most seasoned entrepreneurs and farmers know that collaborative business models are more successful than their competitive counterparts.
Here are 5 outcomes you can expect from your participation at this year’s convention:
1. Shared Knowlege – Networking is great for sharing ideas. There is most likely going to be someone in the group thats been where you are today, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and avoid some of the mistakes they made along the way.
2. Opportunities – It’s natural that a gathering of like-minded, passionate folks committed to a better future would result in opportunities materializing. The thing is you will not know when or how it’ll come to be, whether it’s a referral, offer partnership or request for your service or product, it’s important to seize the opportunities when they come along.
3. Connections – Remember you ar not just gaining exposure to the people in the room, you are building connections with their networks as well. And this works both ways, if someone in your network matches a business you encounter at the event, dont hesitate to share their details. It will only strengthen your relationship.
4. Increased Confidence – Your growth as a business owner or someone with a passion to share with the world is dependent on you talking to people and making connections.
5. Raising your profile – Being visible and getting noticed is a big benefit of networking. Whether you have a new product or service to offer the industry’s earliest adopters, you are wanting to change the world with Aquaponics or you have a dream of starting the 1st national chain of Aquaponic franchises. This can help build your reputation as a knowledgeable, reliable and supportive person by offering useful information or tips to people who need it.
The Meeting Planning Committee is comprised of all the individuals who have helped to pull this conference together.
This page includes general information about the meeting